Matt JansenMatt Jansen
Participant

Jan 10 – Legs

Update on the dreaded leg, I called on the third to get my DR to schedule my MRI – they got the form sent over this Monday but it was not marked as an emergency so they scheduled me out for the 28th. I have been working since to get it switched to an emergency so that I could be working on a resolution. My original plan was to take off of any quad loading in Jan until my MRI to not induce any localized inflammation to mask the underlying issue but I am not going to take off a month.

As far as legs go today I really miss barbell squatting I have not done this since late summer 2017 and wanted to at least get back to the form of it today. I have been avoiding it due to pain in the movement. Today I worked up to 405 x 8 where I felt pain and then called it a day there in all honesty the 405 on my back felt very light and moved well just hurt the area and I wanted to be able to do more than just squat so thats why I called it there.

Legs
Barbell Squat (pausing in the hole)
315 x 8
405 x 8

Hack squats with pause at bottom
– this was fun to just increase the challenge a bit since I cannot chase shear load I did 6 sets of 8 with 75 second breaks with 3 plates a side. The rest interval here provided a good challenge for me

Adduction with pause at full stretch and contraction
2 working sets with the stack

Single Leg Leg Extension
80 x 12 / 2 sets pausing at stretch and contraction

Smith Machine Squats
Pause at bottom – pause halfway up and then back down
275 x 8 x 3 sets