<p style=”text-align: right;”>Hey Ben! First off, thank you for all the support you have shown me just through our interaction on social media alone, it really is appreciated!</p>
Because I know you like detailed responses for genuine curiosity…

This 2-day split isn’t something we are particularly programming for a specific reason right now, as we have in the past, rather just a choice as my training partner has to train at a certain time and Matt J trains at a certain time so this gives me opportunity to train with them both during the short time I have left here.

I’ve not incorporated it yet due to us all being able to train our main sessions at the same time this weekend and things are going/progressing well.

But to answer your question in specific, my current split is

Sun Quads, Mon Delts, Tue Arms, Wed Hams, Thurs Off, Fri Chest, Sat Back, Sun Quads

So for this particular one if I were to do double sessions while still keeping the first the same for the sake of my training partners split, if I train chest session 1 I would do delts session 2, back session 1 Arms session 2, and so forth.

First session being primary and second session being a reduction in intensity and nothing to failure, rather just a pump session.

We’ve incorporated them in times past in different ways and splits, and I honestly really enjoy them. If I were home by myself and given the option to do them, I definitely would, and set up the split a bit differently.

And of course being in a prep environment we want to do what’s best for progress sake there and not run me into the ground so we would assess and make judgment calls as needed, which to answer your question about second cardio vs second training there wouldn’t be a need for both.

Hopefully this covers what you’re looking for. It’s not something that needs to be overthought in programming at this time, rather just a choice to enjoy time with people around me and the environments. And base things on how I’m responding.