Matt JansenMatt Jansen
Participant

Jan 15 – Chest Training

Had a good / bad session today and I will explain. Sharing things like this with you guys in hopes that you learn something but I have got to stick to my guns in terms of my plan and not waver. I dont waver from exercise selection but what I do waver from is my volume and by that I mean I am adding more which then throws off the numbers for my workout and then I get frustrated but its all because of my own choices to increase volume more than I should. Now this is all very much first world problems nothing really went bad today but I am a bit annoyed at myself from deviating. I will show you what I mean below

Flat barbell Press
405 x 7 (6 reps on my own + 1 with help) – Now I should have stopped here but I did not and that is where I messed up my further sets
315 x 8 – 2 – 1 rest pause with slow eccentrics and pauses. This is what I just threw in there for fun but it impacted the rest of my planned weights for the rest of my session.

Hammer Flat Chest Press
4pps x 5 (not acceptable I need to be getting 6+ here and would have had I not done the rest pause set)

Weighted Dips
90 lbs x 6 (again should have gotten 8 here at least) because I was now just frustrated I did another 4 reps

Flat DB Fly (these went well)
70 x 9 full reps with slow eccentrics and finished with fighting the slow eccentric

High to low cable fly
30 x 10
35 x 8
35 x 6