Shaun ClaridaShaun Clarida
Participant

Leg Day-Ham Focused:

Really trying to bring my hamstrings up so as I mentioned, trying to give them more attention by giving them their own day.

Seated Hamstring Curl:
Did two warmup sets before moving into 4 working sets of 10 reps.

Standing Leg Curls:
Did one warmup set before going into 3 working sets of 8 reps. Made sure to get a slight pause in the contraction and slowly lower the weight, keeping constant tension.

RDL:
1 warmup set of 5 before moving into 3 working sets of 5. Not a movement I’m strong at due to lower back but will continue to do these weekly so that my body can get used to them.

As I also mentioned, I do like to add one quad movement on my ham day so I figured I’d go with the best movement for overall leg growth…squats.

Safety Bar Squats:
I prefer these because there’s no shoulder pain of having to hold the bar behind my neck and I really feel this drive much more tension into the quads as opposed to the normal bar squat and I get very little to no lower back pain.

2 Warmup set of 5 reps and then went into 3 working sets of 5 reps.

Finished with 405lbs for 5. Doesn’t seem like much but 405 on this bar is WAY harder than 405 with a barbell. It’s almost like doing a front squat because of where the load goes.